Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 2 (evening)

The day for the most part was great!  I was telling everyone how amazing I felt and how well I could see things.  I spent most of the day on the computer doing work (and on my standard screen size).  I was pretty shocked.  I even called Dr. Hyver's office to make sure that being on a computer wouldn't set me back with the healing.  They said it was fine - I could do anything that I could handle.  But then they cautioned, "Please be aware that your vision will definitely be fluctuating in the next few days." It made me think...it is really only 24 hours after surgery so it's not yet day 2...

But in comparison to other people's blogs, I still seem to be on a fast track.  Or maybe I'm just more tolerable?  I'm staying on the Vicodin for a few days so I can stop any pain before it arrives.

My coworkers were telling me to get off the computer but since I was doing no harm I kept up on emails and other outstanding items during the day.  I got a call and the below arrived.  I really work with the best. :)  I'm happy tomorrow is Saturday and I have a few days off work with no temptation to keep up with work.
I love my coworkers and my boss - this made my day.  And I can SEE it! :)
My vision started to change around 6pm tonight.  I noticed that even having distance vision back it was blurry.  Not like it was before surgery where things are completely unrecognizable but from the table in front of me to the tree out the window down the street, all had the same degree of blurriness.  Does that make sense?  It is so hard to explain. I saw someone post somewhere that it was like trying to see through a greasy contact.  that's probably a pretty accurate description. 



Starbursts


 The star bursts have started as well with small bright LED lights.  Looks like the picture on the right.  It doesn't really bother me.  It's kind of pretty actually.  :)

How I see things tonight
Right now it's pretty late so my eyes are tired and I'm seeing even more blurs and a little bit of double vision.  The picture to the left is how I am seeing things right now. Its not so bad because it goes in and out.  It's still better than it was walking around without my contacts or glasses.  I'll take it for now.  I know it's only going to get better over the next few weeks.  I honestly feel pretty calm about it.  I think because I was ready for this.

I walked out of Hyver's office with perfect vision.  He did his part and now it's my cornea's job to grow back.  I've had a lot of people approach me already about my experience and expressing some interest in getting PRK/Lasik done in the future. 


I'm not even in the clear yet but I'm already asking myself why I didn't do this sooner. I'm in a wonderful state of mind and can't wait to wake up tomorrow.  Hopefully showing more progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment