Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 2 (morning)

I woke up this morning and I COULD SEE!!! Sorry... haha.  I guess this is something that I need to get used to. :)

When I opened my eyes after a 9 hour sleep they felt normal for the most part.  I have heard stories about people having their eyes stuck shut overnight but I had none of that.  Besides waking up with my cool goggles, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.  But I should note that even though I can see as good as when I had my contacts, it's a bit blurry at times and things aren't totally sharp like they will be eventually.  But the distance sight is there.  I could probably drive too without a problem if I had to. This is to be expected for a little while and was explained to me before and after surgery so it's no surprise. 

With the computer, I notice that even on the lowest brightness display can be difficult.  After about 10 minutes it's hard to keep my eyes open.  It's like I'm increasingly cutting onions until it gets unbearable.  Then I go off to do something else and they get 'normal' again.  I'm on a computer 5 days a week all day so I should be using this time off work to stay away from one!  But I want to keep this blog updated as things are happening.  And I'm kinda bored already.  I've cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets and ready to move on to something else when I'm done. :)

No pain yet at all but I took a Vicodin as a precaution.  To be honest, I don't think I need it.  More later in the PM.  For now, it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment