Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 3 (morning)

10am- I woke up with my goggles on with my eyes stinging and burning.  All I could see was blurred objects.  5x blurrier than when I went to bed last night.  The room was pretty dark (it's raining and we're surrounded by redwood trees) but that doesn't seem to matter.  Air and light are my enemy right now.  On go the post-op sunglasses.

I knew this was coming.  Hyver's office even underlined the following in the post-op instructions: "The vision you experience in the first 2 days will become blurrier and more distorted the third day." Why did I think I would be different?  All I want to do is rub my eyes for a few minutes.  But  I actually can't rub my eyes for 2 months. Shit.

As I write this, I am putting in all my drops and I just took some painkillers.  I can't really read the bottles but I've memorized the colors so I know which is which.  Maybe they will help?  There are emergency comfort drops they gave me but they are only to be used after calling the doctor's office.  Comfort drops are apparently the numbing drops they used in surgery.  But I read that it slows recovery so I'm going to avoid unless it gets worse than this.

To summarize the morning of day 3- burning, stinging pain in the eyes with the feeling that you have eyelashes stuck in each eye that you're not allowed to get out.  Extreme light sensitivity to the point you need to close your eyes for relief (even with sunglasses on).  Extremely blurred vision like the picture I posted last night but 5x worse.

I'm typing this with my eyes closed so I hope there aren't too many typos.  If there are I will correct them later.  I'm an Exec Asst by day so I should be able to type with my eyes closed anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment