Sunday, April 22, 2012

3 weeks post surgery

Happy to report I just had my 3 week check up with Dr. Wang (my eye doctor) yesterday afternoon. :)  All post ops eye checkups are free - another positive from Hyver.

Dr. Wang gave me a vision test - I'm 20/20 in my right eye and 20/25 in my left.  As mentioned before, this is likely to still improve over the next 6 weeks.  She mentioned things would get crisper than they are now (although I'm not seeing blurry at all). 

She put in some numbing drops and inspected my eyes.  She said my corneas look perfect already - almost like I didn't even get PRK done.  She was a little surprised by this which made me really happy.  My eye pressure was a low 13 and the bloodshot eyes I used to have from wearing my contacts all the time is gone.  Next check up in November.  

I really hope that people searching for PRK information can find my blog.  As I discussed with Dr. Wang, there is so much negative information about PRK out there.  She said it definitely depends which doctor you go to.  She only refers people to Hyver. She said everyone should look for a doctor who specializes ONLY in Lasik/PRK.  Mainly because they don't spend any time doing eye exams, checkups, post-ops, etc.  They have an engineer present to control the temperature and humidity in the operating room and a bunch of other things that one would never think of. 100% of their time is focused on the surgery.

I've still had no fluctuation in vision or anything.  I've been driving at night without halos or starbursts.  No light sensitivity but wearing sunglasses as suggested. Also no dry eyes but Dr. Wang said to use the tears often to prevent dry eyes in the future.  Apparently they will continue to heal over the next 2 months.  I'm done with all my other drops and gels. 

I'm so thankful for the gift I gave myself.  I still think about taking out my contacts at night and catch myself. I don't think I will ever take this for granted.  It's truly amazing.  I am so happy.  I'll check in here and there and if you have any questions, please email me.  

Cheers to perfect vision. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment