Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 3 (evening)

11:30pm -  A quick update before bed tonight.  Vision was pretty stable through the evening until about 2 hours ago.  It seems I've lost my distance vision.  Everything far away is blurry like I never got my eyes done at all.  I could probably put my old glasses on to get around.  Still star bursts around small LEDs but no halos around lamps.  The double vision is gone as well as any light sensitivity. I have zero pain.  I can see the computer, cellphone, books and anything else close up.  

I would rather see far and blurry like earlier today.  This just seems like I didn't even get the PRK done at all.  But this is part of the drill.  "The vision you experience during the first 2 days will become blurrier and more distorted on the third day."  I need to keep reading that until I pass the 72 hour mark tomorrow around 5pm. Again - this is part of the drill.  I'll listen to SNL from the couch and go to bed soon.  Enough for the day. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're doing so well and documenting all this. Tony told me to get mine done too, we pay the same price for a bike, why not improve my vision? Anyways, it's so nice to know you will be seeing better, all I remember in our family is that Grandma and you had thicker lenses. Your gutsier than her, she would have never got this done! I am hoping you get through another day as well as you have been doing! LU Mome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!! I really think you should get yours done. Just keep reading about talking to me about it. You're probably eligible for Lasik and you won't have to go through what I am going through with PRK. Honestly though, it's not that bad. I read so much about it before and it just sounded horrible. Going through it is nothing. I knew what to expect. So day 4 the best so far - we'll see how the day goes and tomorrow!! LU!

    ReplyDelete