Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 4 (night)

12:30am - I'm wide awake as usual.  I've been sleeping in every day and staying up late to make the most of my new vision. Just in case more fluctuation occurs and I'm not able to see.  I think I have passed that point but I just want to make sure.  If I'm stable tomorrow I'll return to my regular routine and head to work after the bandage contact is removed on Tuesday morning.  

My eyes were supposed to be the worst yesterday (or today) but I've been completely fine. I had a great and amazing day.  No fluctuation at all since I woke up - a solid 14+ hours of stable vision with no change.  Usually my eyes would get tired by now but that doesn't seem to be the case.:)  Again I should note that they are definitely not close to perfect.  I still have that 'greasy contact' vision and objects are not completely crisp.  But the distance is there.  Close up pretty good.  Anyway, let me know if you need me to elaborate more. 

Lights around me are fine with no halos anymore. LED lights have no star bursts. I even moved the bandage contact around in my left eye because it felt a little off center. 

I know that I'm not reporting anything significant but I think it's important to check in even when nothing is wrong.  People need to read about the good results from PRK surgery.  Especially early on when it can be pretty bad.

My experience so far has been really positive.  I am slightly shocked that I feel so good.  Maybe all the negative blogs/stories/nightmares I read about set me up for a good experience.  

I'm going to finish up the rest of my computer research and head to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment