Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 10

Saturday afternoon and seeing perfect as usual! :):)

Tonight I can finally sleep without the goggles on (although I usually wake up without them on anyway - oops).  I'm glad nothing has happened, you have to be really careful in the beginning when you sleep. 

I woke up yesterday and my eyes were really red. Not infected or anything, probably from working so much.  I've been on the computer from 7am-12am for the last week finishing up planning and executing a huge office move.  Great news about my new cube space - I have natural light that comes in through the window in front of my desk and NO florescent lights around me! So actually, no need for the leaf above my desk.  People who haven't had vision correction actually need them! :)  All computer settings and brightness back to normal. No pain pills needed and no headaches.

So now I am down to my anti-inflammatory drops, artificial tears, and nighttime ointment for 2 more weeks.  Then tears as needed.  I don't seem to have a problem with dry eyes though! 

So per the instructions:
  • Next 2 weeks - Don't swim
  • Next 2 months - Don't rub your eyes
  • Next 3 months- Wear protective goggles for contact sports.
  • Next 12 months - Wear protective UV protective sunglasses in the sun and a hat if in more than 30 mins

Other 'Most Commonly Asked Questions/Answers: The Week After PRK Surgery' (given to me after post-op appt):
  • Today is just week one, your vision will continue to gradually improve over the next 4-6 weeks.
  • Eyes can heal at different rates.
  • Do I have to sleep longer for my eyes to recover? NO.  (Thank god... haha)
  • Are there any food restrictions? No.
  • When Can I: begin reading/working on a computer (today), fly in an airplane (today), tanning bed (today but ONLY with protective eyewear), swim/jacuzzi/steam room (2 weeks), scuba dive (2 weeks), surf (1 month), dive into pool (3 months), sky dive (3 months - but will never be doing this anyway!!!). 
So this will be my last post for awhile as long as things stay the same.  I'll check in from time to time and will also post about my vision improvement when I see my doctor in 3 weeks.  I don't go back to Hyver's anymore but to my regular eye doctor (all future eye doctor visits are paid for!).

Hopefully this blog helps people considering PRK surgery in the future. I'm still shocked I went through with it considering how freaked out I USED to get about my eyes. 

It's true what people say, the one thing they regret about PRK/Lasik is they wished they got it done sooner.  SO true.  If you have the money DO IT.  I am still in denial that I will never need my glasses, contacts, solution, cases, etc again! The stuff laid out in my post a few days ago is gone!

Also with PRK, you have the option of getting eyes done one at a time - I recommend just doing them both and getting it over with.  As long as you have the option to take time off from work, activities, etc if you have to.

If you have any other questions let me know.  I'm off to lay in the sun (with glasses and hat) and enjoy this great No Cal weather! 

2 comments:

  1. It's been an awesome experience hearing how well you have done and the happiness in your voice. Good-bye thick lenses. Your eyes are too pretty to cover them up with thick glass. Congratulations Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom, that's so sweet. I'm so happy now. Now it's your turn - you need to get it done. You won't regret it!! xoxo-d

    ReplyDelete