Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 7

Today was day 7 and my check up at Dr. Hyver's office.   I woke up with another morning of stable vision, even clearer than the 6 days prior.  It was a bright sunny morning and I didn't need sunglasses in the car.  No light sensitivity issues.

I went to Hyver's office and met with a Dr. Liu who I haven't seen before.  I spoke with her about the last 6 days and my progress.  She said I was healing faster than most people with PRK.  She took out the bandages with no problem and said the corneal tissue looked perfect.

She wasn't going to take my vision but I asked her to.  She said it might be a little off (worse) because of the numbing drops she gave me. So I took it and I am a a solid 20/25!  Remember that it can takes a full 6 months to get the full benefits of PRK.  This could mean I could get down to 20/10 because of the fast improvement in my vision thus far.  I started out pre-surgery with 20/500 (a -5 prescription for my contacts).  That should give you an idea of how bad it really was.

I went to work after and was ok for awhile.  After working 9am to about 2pm I had shooting pain through my eyes to my head from the florescent lights in the office.  I went home at 3pm and took some painkillers and finished up my work day away from bright lights.

Today was the day I took the bag out from under my bed.  I've been collecting these items from the time that I scheduled my surgery through the present.  I'm sure there are more around but this is what I have now.  I will find a place to donate the items.  It is bittersweet to say goodbye to my crutches that have been a part of my life since I was 10 years old... Wow.

I really believe this is something I will never take for granted.  How can I?  My mom called me today and said how my grandfather (who died when I was a child) said that no matter what, always take care of your eyes because the greatest gift you have is your sight.  How true that is. 


Cheers and goodnight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment